totally login now
Program & Panels
10.00 - 10.10 CONFERENCE KICKOFF
- Sten-Kristian Saluveer - EFFT16 Curator, Head of Development & Special Projects; Industry@Tallinn & Baltic Event, University of Tokyo, Estonia / Japan
10. 10 - 10.30 OPENING KEYNOTE
- Lucia Recalde - Head of MEDIA Unit, DG Connect, European Commission, Spain/Belgium / Indrek Saar, Minister of Culture, Estonia
10.30 - 11.30 BREAKING THE WINDOWS: TO COMPETE OR TO COLLABORATE IN THE DIGITAL SHAKEUP?
The opening session of the conference dives straight into the key topic of 2016 - how has the rapidly increasing role of global streaming providers, OTT's, telecoms and digital content delivery platforms impacted the film industry with its long established sales & marketing windows, festival and awards calendar? Hear a top sales agent, US digital entertainment association manager, revolutionary tech platform executive and film commission leader explore if the competition for audiences and markets is escalating or if new possibilities are opening up for everybody in the wake of globally dropping audience numbers.
- Mitch Mallon - Co-Chair, Digital Council, EMEA; CEO, Stadium Media, USA
- Susan Wendt - President, Europa International; Head of Sales, Trust Nordisk, Denmark
- Laura Anne Edwards - Producer, Media Strategist, TED resident, USA
- Missy Laney - Film Strategist, USA
Moderated by Sten-Kristian Saluveer, Industry@Tallinn & Baltic Event, University of Tokyo, Estonia / Japan
11.30 - 11.45 POWER SPEECH: HOW TO REDEFINE USER - COMPANY RELATIONSHIPS IN THE DIGITAL ECONOMY
Innovation expert Maks Giordano explores in how technology driven companies are redefining the relationship between their products and users. Expect challenging questions inspirational food for thought based on the examples for world's leading brands, startups and global companies.
- Maks Giordano - Founder & Managing Partner, Kreait; WIRED Consulting; Germany
11.45 - 12.45 DIVERSITY OR MASS AT THE TIME OF GLOBAL MARKETS?
Programming & producing for television networks and smaller national markets has traditionally focused on funding and promotion local and culturally diverse productions, yet at the age of global binge watching these production and commissioning principles have come under an increasing challenges. How television executives from Europe, USA and Asia embracing the digital change and how has this impacted their programming and productions?
- Nusrat Durrani - Senior Vice President, MTV World, Viacom Media Networks, USA
- Yoichiro Takahashi -Producer, NHK Enterprises, Japan
- Anders Leifer - Senior Aquisitions Executive, TV2, Denmark
- Jennifer Jao - Director, Taipei Film Commission, Taiwan
Moderated by Michael Gubbins, Sampomedia, UK
12.45 - 13.00 POWER SPEECH: SELLFY - EARN A LIVING SELLING YOUR PRODUCTS DIGITALLY
Sellfy is a Latvian startup focusing on empowering creators around the world to earn a living doing what they like. Maris Dagis, the founder and CEO, presents a case study of Sellfy's success of engaging more than 100 000 users, providing some useful tips along the way.
- Maris Dagis - CEO, Sellfy, Latvia
14.00 - 14.15 POWER SPEECH: MARKETING CONTENT VIA PROGRAMMATIC ADVERTISING
Thinking about future strategies for advertising and marketing? Think programmatic, which has been hailed as the next big thing in taking the message to the audiences. Whilst the focus on programmatic is increasing, very few know how to take advantage of this bidding system that provides customizable messages to audiences instantly. Arno Schäfer, the CEO of Europe's leading programmatic marketing provider Platform 165, gives a behind the scenes look at the business and technology behind this future tool of the trade.
- Arno Schäfer - CEO, Platform 161, Germany
14.15 - 15.30 FIRESIDE DEBATE. LEFT BEHIND OR LEADING AHEAD. WHO IS WINNING AND WHO IS LOSING IN THE DIGITAL RACE?
If the debate in 2015 was whether to DSM or not to DSM, then a year later a much more pressing question has come to the table - does Europe as a market for digital content still stay in the global game? This exclusive fireside brings together leaders from the European Commission, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Finnish game, multi-platform and film giant Rovio and the International Union of Cinemas discussing and debating the latest from policy, marketing and product development and what potential Europe has to offer in the digital race.
- Milissa Douponce - Vice President, International Marketing, SPRI, Sony Pictures Entertainment, USA
- Phil Clapp - President, UNIC; CEO, UKCA, United Kingdom
- Jörgen Gren - Advisor to VP Andrus Ansip, Digital Single Market, European Commission, Sweden
- Ville Heijari - CMO, Games, Rovio, Finland
Moderated by Colin Brown - Editor, Slated, USA / United Kingdom
15.30 - 15.45 CLOSING THOUGHTS
- Indrek Ibrus - Head & Senior Researcher, Medit, Tallinn University, Estonia